Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 7: Project Food Budget

Week 7 of Reluctant Vegetarian's Project: Food Budget

Goal: $100
Actual: $14.99

My budget went to a single item: a 10-pound bag of brown basmati rice. I could say that all my lessons learned last week paid off this week, but, really, I bought so much last week that I didn't need to grocery shop. Meals included (some of which I planned to make last week but didn't):
As always, this doesn't include the 10 servings or so of fruit and raw veggies I eat every day (I stocked up on all these last week too, though my fruit bowl is now bare, so I'll be shopping tonight). Also as always, I baked my own whole-wheat bread to save money.

I'm thinking my actual might be the lowest out of everyone participating this week?

3 comments:

  1. "I'm thinking my actual might be the lowest out of everyone participating this week?"

    Uh oh. Miss Jennifer wants to make this a competition, huh? :p It's on, now. Next week I'm going to be like one of those coupon ladies that ends up getting paid by the store just to shop there.

    Seriously, though, awesome job stretching it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Believe me, you'll have me beat next week. This was a really unusual week. Though I like the idea of becoming one of those coupon ladies! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely won. And could even take on my extra $50 and STILL be under budget.

    ReplyDelete