Tofu and Mushroom Scramble
- 1 package extra-firm tofu (14 ounces)
- 1 package mushrooms (8 ounces), sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tamari (I start with 1 and usually end up with 2)
- pinch turmeric
- pinch cumin
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about five minutes, or until they start turning brown and releasing liquid.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the tamari, a pinch of turmeric, and a pinch of cumin. Cook for about five more minutes until everything is heated through. If the pan gets dry, add more tamari. I usually use 2 tablespoons of tamari by the time it's done.
- Season with salt and pepper and eat immediately (though it will taste good reheated.)