Saturday, February 26, 2011

Appetite for Reduction: Pasta con Broccoli

This recipe is very basic: broccoli and noodles in a spicy, garlicky broth. It's good for what it is, but there wasn't a whole lot to be excited about in this recipe. It was very quick and easy to make, though. If I made it again, I'd stir-fry some cubed tofu in a little oil and mix it in.

The recipes calls for 1/4 cup sliced garlic plus three minced garlic cloves. That's a lot!You saute all the garlic with thyme and red pepper flakes before adding veggie broth and white wine. The recipe said to saute the garlic for only one minute. I sauteed for longer but actually wish I would have cooked it even longer. I don't think the garlic flavor really came out as much as it would have if the garlic was sauteed longer.The final dish was in between "OK" and "good." While it didn't make me or my husband rave over it, it was decent for a quick dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment