After two months of participating in this project, I see the light. This week I used all the lessons I've been learning and am under budget as a result. I think it's time to reduce my weekly budget!
This week's budget went to staples, many fruits and veggies in addition to meals (about half the budget), and these meals. As always, I baked my own bread, cooked my own beans, and used veg broth I made earlier and froze, so that contributed to the savings.
- Two test recipes for the next Happy Herbivore cookbook
- Romaine salads with toasted walnuts and Caesar Chavez Dressing
- Mediterranean Bowl (roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, brown rice, Caesar Chavez Dressing)
- Hottie Black-Eyed Peas and Greens
- Bowl made of baked tofu, mushroom tibs, steamed kale, and brown rice
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Buttercream Frosting (heaven on earth)