Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Appetite for Reduction: Sweet & Salty Maple Baby Carrots

With reluctance I tried the Sweet & Salty Maple Baby Carrots from Appetite for Reduction. I'm not a big carrot fan to begin with, and with only three ingredients (carrots, maple syrup, and sea salt), how good could this be? But I had carrots left over from the Arabian Lentil & Rice Soup, so I tried it. Imagine my dismay when this came out of the oven:Um, looks like plain carrots.

My first bite was a wonderful surprise. Sweet? Yep. Salty? Yes. Good? Yes!

I've had variations of maple syrup glazed carrots before, but in this recipe everything's roasted, so the sweet and salty flavors are baked into the carrots. Appetite for Reduction is proving time and again how simple, healthy meals can taste so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment