Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smoky Black Bean, Eggplant Bacon & Caramelized Onion Quesadilla

Last night I made Caesar Salad with Eggplant Bacon and Caesar Chavez Dressing in Appetite for Reduction again. I think it's my favorite recipe from the book so far. Yet again, I ate an entire eggplant. So I wouldn't just devour the eggplant bacon right off the baking sheet like I did last time, I decided to eat half of it in the salad and half in a quesadilla.

I sprinkled black beans with smoky paprika and chili powder and caramelized some red onions to go with the eggplant bacon. I used some Daiya mozzarella cheese to hold it all together. I bought this cheese when I didn't have enough time to make cashew cheese for a vegan pizza. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it last night in the quesadilla. The quesadilla would have been good if it weren't for the Daiya cheese. Lesson learned. Next time I'll just make a wrap or wrap it in a tortilla and bake the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment