Monday, January 24, 2011

Veganomicon Review: Fudgy Wudgy Blueberry Brownies

The smell of these baking filled my kitchen for a half-hour before they were done. It smelled so good, I couldn't wait for them to get done. I waited a whole five minutes before eating one (supposed to wait a half-hour), and it was so hot it burned my mouth, but I couldn't stop eating it.

This may be one of my all-time favorite desserts. Out of five stars, it's a 10. It's gooey and fudgy and moist, bursting with a blueberry-chocolate flavor that's just perfect, with whole blueberries and chocolate chips. I told my husband it was one of the best things I'd ever eaten. If I had to criticize it, it didn't hold together perfectly, but I suspect that's because my whole blueberries could have been dried better before I added them.

Because I have Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, I'm used to Isa and Terry's dessert recipes, and this is pretty standard for them. Simple to make and uses basic ingredients. I did have to buy blueberry spreadable fruit, but I had everything else on hand. It makes a whole 9X13 tray, so this would be perfect to knock the socks off of party or dinner guests.

I ate way too many brownies (which is pretty funny after my last post about maintaining my weight!) so will take them into the office to share with coworkers. If I don't, I could easily eat the whole tray.
Someone posted the recipe here.

3 comments:

  1. i am not much of a baker but these sound so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous! These have been on my list since I got the book a(2 years ago!)and I never got around to making them. NOW when I finally have the opportunity, my bf and I have tried to stop eating so much sugar. Bummer.
    I might still do it, though ;) Yours look great - lucky coworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have somewhere to take them (party or potluck) you should definitely make them. Otherwise they're just too tempting to be sitting around at home!

    ReplyDelete