Saturday, January 15, 2011

Veganomicon Review: Cheesy Sauce

I needed to use up some broccoli before it went bad, so this week I whipped up some of Veganomicon's Cheesy Sauce, made with onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil, vegetable broth, flour, a bunch of nutritional yeast (what Veganomicon calls nooch), and seasonings.

I'm not sure what I was expecting (cheddar cheese?) but the first bite was a surprise. I wasn't sure about it. Then I poured it over steamed broccoli and liked it. By the time I poured it into a container to put what was left in the fridge, I was licking the spoon.

It's very noochy but I'd make it again. I think it would be good in some of the other Veganomicon recipes.

2 comments:

  1. What does "noochy" mean? Glad to see you blogging again.. Billy made kale pesto from our first issue of Vegetarian Times and it was delicious, and we'll definitely try some of your recipes too. Thinking about the white beans and mushroom one right now. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veganomicon calls nutritional yeast "nooch." I edited this post to make it clear.

    ReplyDelete