I bought this huge new skillet from Ikea for $25. I really needed something that allows for room when I'm sauteeing; this works great.
Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 shallots, halved and sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts and toast 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat. Add olive oil and swirl skillet to coat bottom.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add shallots and garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in cranberries, agave, and 1 cup water. Partially cover skillet, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in walnut oil and toasted walnuts. Season with salt and pepper if desired.