Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week 16: Project Food Budget

Week 16 of Reluctant Vegetarian's Project: Food Budget

Goal: $75
Actual: $58.97

This past week I continued to test recipes for the next Happy Herbivore cookbook at somewhat of a feverish pace because Lindsay's book is due. Even though I made test recipes daily, I was under budget because so many of the recipes use ingredients I already have on hand. In fact, Lindsay asked us testers to keep track of how much we spend. For the majority of recipes, I spent not a single cent because I had the ingredients. For other recipes whose ingredients I didn't have, I spent less than $5. Only about one or two recipes were between $5 and $10.

Now that recipe testing is done, I'm curious to see whether my spending goes up because I'll be making recipes from other books.

Hello to my fellow budgeters!

1 comment: