Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back to Cooking: Recipe Test Pics

Wow, house renovations suck. As I mentioned, my husband and I are renovating the third floor of our house. It's a very large room that will become our hang out and guest room and my exercise room. Contractors worked on it for three weeks before we had to paint. After five long weekend days, five late weeknights, a giant bucket of primer, and four shades of paint, we are finally done painting so the contractors can finish. But boy, I bitched and moaned the whole time. Not only was it just awful, miserable work, but I had very little time for cooking. I am not happy when I'm not cooking.

I did manage to squeeze in some test recipes for the next Happy Herbivore cookbook. Lindsay's recipes were perfect when I wanted something fast and nutritious with ingredients I mostly had on hand. And, I swear, each recipe was better than the next. For fat-free or low-fat recipes, pretty much every recipe I tried just blew me away. Every time I sent in feedback, I'd say, "I think this is my favorite recipe so far!" I'm warning you in advance: You will want this cookbook! Here are just a few pictures of some of the recipes. The second one, sadly, does not do this dish justice. And the last one...if I even told you the name of it (which I can't do), you would probably start drooling. Trust me: Awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum! I want an invite for HH recipe testing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think painting is fun until I'm in the middle of it and I lose interest and want to quit.

    I want to eat whatever is in that first picture! I seriously have no clue what it is, but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love to paint, but not so much anymore. My husband bought a house to flip a couple of years ago and all that painting ruined the fun...ha

    Oh my....everything looks so good. I am drooling over that food. I love HH's recipes, and am dying to get her cookbook. I just make things from her website for now. As soon as the cookbook comes back into stock at Amazon...a copy will be coming my way. :o)

    ReplyDelete