Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quiche with Greens

As a vegetarian, I ate a lot of quiches. When I first went vegan, I resigned myself to never eating quiche again. How naive I was. Of course you can make vegan quiches, and of course they are delicious!

I tried my first one from the Happy Herbivore website this past weekend (here's the recipe). It was ridiculously easy to put together and absolutely fantastic. I could see myself eating this every day for the next few weeks and not getting sick of it. Plus, at 78 calories, 1 gram of fat, and nearly 7 grams of protein a slice, it's a filling, light meal. I made mine with 6 cups of swiss chard. It didn't look much like the picture on the website so I didn't think it would turn out, but it was great. Hurray for vegan quiches!

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my "to make" list. Now that I see how good it is, I'll have to make it within the next few days. :o) Yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer, i love your blog! i'm now a follower and disappointed in myself for not finding a local person's blog sooner! please pop in at my blog, i'd love you to check it out.

    http://rickthehealthsleuth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete