Thursday, January 26, 2012

Accidentally Vegan, Guilty Pleasure Find

Like Meghan, who recently posted a top 10 accidentally vegan junk foods list, I usually turn my nose up at processed junk foods. But on a recent grocery store visit, I entered an aisle I rarely go down: the packaged cereal aisle. Sugary and artificially flavored, these cereals aren't good for you. I know this. But one cereal caught my eye, and when I looked at the ingredients, I found that it's accidentally vegan. Dulce de Leche Cheerios! So I pushed aside my inner voice screaming, "Put it back! It's no good for you! It's high in WeightWatchers points! And it's $4!!!" and bought it.

It's about as good an accidentally vegan junk food as you can get. With vanilla soymilk, it's good. But eaten plain with some vegan chocolate chips, it's almost as sinfully good as a vegan cupcake.

And now back to my regularly scheduled healthy eating broadcast...

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe, I love this post. Sounds really delicious. You totally deserve it, anyway.
    It's actually funny - my friend tweeted about these the other day and I didn't know if he was serious and that they existed - little did I know they are even vegan! Had I known that, I might have had the same reaction as you, haha. I used to love their multigrain ones.

    ReplyDelete