Monday, October 17, 2011

Project Food Budget on TV

A few weeks ago, WTAE, a Pittsburgh-based news channel, did a great story on the Project: Food Budget I participated in earlier this year. Thanks to Emily (pictured above, being interviewed by Michelle Wright) for inviting me to be a part of it! The story focused on how to save money by setting a food budget and sticking to it through strategies like meal planning, buying ingredients only on your grocery list, and buying only in season. I've been waiting to write about this until they posted the video, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will happen. Also unfortunately, I was on vacation when it aired and never got to see it. But so many people saw it and said they learned a lot from it.

I participated in the project for 25 weeks, learned a lot, and ended up going from a weekly grocery bill of about $150 to about $80. I posted everything I learned here and continue to use the strategies and tips from that project. Emily is starting the project again for the next 52 weeks (!), so sign up if you're interested. Details are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment