Sunday, August 10, 2014

Corn Fritters

The Corn Fritters recipe from Vegan Yum Yum has been begging me to make it since I got the book. With sweet summer corn in season, now seemed like a great time to try it. I'm glad I did. I really liked them.


The recipe was very simple and easy to make. While it called for frying these in 1-2 tablespoons of oil, I found that cooking spray and a nonstick pan worked just as well.

The taste was a mix of cornbread (thanks to the cornmeal), a touch of seasoning (thanks to Old Bay), and sweet, fresh corn. My omni husband really liked these too. I ate some plain and some with a small dollop of ketchup.

I had these with a salad of organic greens and the Sanctuary Dressing from Appetite for Reduction (a vegan ranch dressing) as a light and refreshing meal. I would definitely make these again as either a light meal or appetizer.

Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment